Sunday 22 January 2012

starter makeup kit

Hello lovely people! :)
So it is currently half past 6 on Sunday Evening and I'm just back from a visit to my gran and grampas who live on a Farm near where we stay. It was a lovely afternoon we had tea and biscuits and I lay around playing with the sheepdog Jess, she is BEAUTIFUL. I remember when they got her and she was a wee pup! Next week Ill snap a little photo of her for you all. Anyway.. earlier on today I filmed my 'Starter Makeup Kit' video and basically once I finished filming that I took some pictures of the products to put on my blog. I categorised them into Face, Eye and Tools. Lets get started!


So these are the face products I recomend when first starting out with makeup. I have tried many drugstore products over the past couple of years since I have become more and more interested, and my job has funded my lifestyle! hehe. However these are the products I ALWAYS come back to!
  1. Olay Beauty Fluid > £5ish. A great, non greasy, nice smelling moisturiser!
  2. Revlon Photoready Foundation, in the shade Nude > £9.99. This is AMAZING had always been a favourite of mine. Gives a medium coverage and has shimmer however this is not noticable when it is on your face! Set with a good powder it stays on all day long! Worth the money, a definate to try out.
  3. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealor > £4.50ish. This is an amazing, full coverage concealor.. great for hiding my spots and blemishes, as I have MANY! Very workable into the skin and stays in place.
  4. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium > £19.50. Definately a pricier product to buy if you are building a starter kit however it is a long lasting one (I have had this for 4 or 5 months!) It is a fantastic natural looking powder but will set your foundation/concealor and keep it on ALL DAY! Plus give you a lovely glow.
  5. Sleek Face Contour Kit > £6.50ish. A fantastic contour duo! Has a lovely bronzer for placing in those cheekbones and a beautiful shimmer highlight! Wonderful, resonably priced product.
  6. Natural Collection Blusher in Pink Cloud > £1.99!! Amazing and the most value worthy product in My Starter Kit When placed on a great base (foundation, concealor, powder) this will stay in place all day, gives great pigmentation and is an absolutely beautiful colour! I have yet to find a blush colour I love as much.


There are the eye products I would have in my starter kit. And YES I have included the very pricey Naked Palette! But when given as a gift for birthday/exam results/christmas it is a fantastic neutral palette and all you need! Plus it comes with a mini Primer Potion and a brush, how can we resist ;)

  1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion > £14ish (for full size). A fantastic eyeshadow base. Without it my eyeshadows crease and does not last nearly as long. A MUST in my makeup kit!!
  2. Urban Decay Naked Palette > £39.50. An amazing selection of eyeshadows, you really do have one of everything you need! From 2 beautiful highlight colours through to dark, shimmery nightime shades. It is very resonably priced considering each eyeshadow, for a 1.3g product, works out at around 2.50 EACH! Amazing for such high quality, I would not be without.
  3. Rimmel Exagerate Liquid Liner > £5ish. Brilliant liquid liner to start of with, you can practise many different liner looks with it, thick and thin, and it is very affordable!
  4. MUA Clear Mascara > £1!!! A basic for taming those brows ladies ;)
  5. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara > £4.99. A fantastic starter mascara with a small wand, perfect for getting in the corners which are not as easy to reach!


Finally are the tools I would recomend for a Starter Makeup Kit. All pretty basic but essential to apply your makeup! Oh and theres a little lipstick in there because it had nowhere else to go.. ;)

  1. 17 Lipstick in Beehive > £4.49. A lovely, very moisturising, glide on lipstick as a perfect price! The right lipstick for you if you are starting out and cannot afford to buy a gloss also as it is basically a 2 in 1, packs on the colour but has a wonderful glossy finish!
  2. Fearne Cotton Blusher/Contour Brush > A two in one brush, a perfect starter brush and was well used by me before I purchased my Mac brushes. Does the job.
  3. Body Collection Flat Shadow Brush > Great for packing on the colour, available from Savers stores in the UK at an amazing price of £1.95!
  4. Revlon Blending Brush > £7ish. Fantastic for smudging colour in the crease, lovely long handle and very affordable! A must have in my Brush Collection.
  5. Powder Puff 3 Pack > £2.49. What, at the moment, I am using to apply my MMSF (Powder) A must have and I recomend this to all out there instead of a Powder Brush!
So yeah, this is everything I would recomend if you are just starting out and have no idea what to buy!
These are all well used products in my collection, and mostly very affordable!

Get them bought. See you next timeeee :)

Lots of love Sophie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment